Sunday 10 November 2013

Man Time! (a short post!)

As a parent that spends a fairly limited time at home because of work, I find it a bit awkward trying to get a bit of time to myself. The evenings are the only time Nic and I get together, and all weekend I try to make up for lost time with Paige. However, everyone needs a little bit of down time!
My choice of relaxation is to sit in front of the TV on a Saturday afternoon and watch the football scores come in. It's something I've done since I was a small boy. Nic used to take Paige upstairs so I could watch it in peace, but nowadays I have to watch it with a little bit of tower building included! Nic is also happy(ish) to let me watch the occasional midweek evening game on ITV.
Every parent needs at least one thing in their life that has always been there, something that identifies you with yourself. Something that reminds you that you are not just a parent, you are still you. Still you but with added responsibility!
I think I would be alot more stressed if I didn't have my football to help me unwind. I rarely drink and don't smoke, so I don't have things that a vast majority would have to help them relax.
What helps keep you sane?
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment